Nokia has launched a new G-series smartphone – the Nokia G42 5G in the Indian market. To recall, the Nokia G42 made its global debut back in the month of June. The latest G-series smartphone features a 90Hz LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and a waterdrop notch.
The Nokia G42 5G is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ processor which brings with it Adreno 619 GPU. The smartphone comes pre-loaded with Android 13. Nokia has promised two Android version upgrades, that are Android 14 and Android 15, for the Nokia G42. The smartphone is also eligible for three years of security patch updates.
The Nokia G42 5G packs a triple-rear camera setup including a 50MP primary shooter. It packs an 8MP front shooter. The smartphone comes equipped with a 5000mAh battery and supports 20W fast charging. The company is including 20W fast charging adapter in the retail box. The Nokia G42 5G features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the security front. Let us take a closer look at the Nokia G42 5G price in India, specifications, features, and availability.
Nokia G42 5G: Price in India and Availability
The Nokia G42 5G price in India is Rs 12,599 for the 6GB + 128GB configuration option. The smartphone will be available for purchase starting September 15 exclusively via Amazon and Nokia Website.
Nokia G42 5G: Specifications and Features
The Nokia G42 5G features QuickFix design, which is developed in collaboration with iFixit. This allows users to replace cracked screens, batteries and damaged charging ports on their own. The smartphone’s back cover is made with 65% recycled materials and the packaging is FSC-certified. Take a look at the detailed specifications and features.
- Display: 6.56-inch LCD display, HD+ (720 × 1612) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 560 nits peak brightness, 20: 9 aspect ratio, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ SoC with Adreno 619 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 6GB RAM, 128GB onboard storage, 5GB VRAM memory extension, microSD card slot
- Software: Android 13, upgradable to Android 14 and Android 15
- Cameras: 50MP primary camera, 2MP depth camera, 2MP macro lens, and LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP selfie camera with night mode 2.0
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 20W fast charging (QC 3.0 and PD3.0) , USB Type-C port
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner and software-based face unlock
- Audio: OZO Playback audio and 3.5mm jack
- Dimensions: 165.0 × 75.8 × 8.55mm
- Weight: 193.8 grams
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, GPS, Glonass, and Galileo
- Other Features: IP52 rated, QuickFix design
- Colour Options: So Pink, So Purple, and So Grey